The Bible Lesson is the basis for daily prayerful work.
Each week there is a Topic and selections from Science and Health and the Bible. Along with being studied by individuals throughout throughout the world each week, the Bible Lesson is the sole text read at the Service on Sunday.
On Sunday there are 2 readers. One reads the selections from Science and Health and is called the First Reader. This individual also leads the service. The selections from the Bible are read by the Second Reader. Music plays a strong healing theme in support of the Service. There are 3 hymns and a solo each Sunday.
The cover shown below introduces this week's topic and the beginning of the Bible Lesson. It gives an idea of the content contained within through the section synopsis at the bottom. The complete Bible Lesson is available for purchase. Please contact us if you would like a complimentary copy or would like more information.
Church. The structure of Truth and Love; whatever rests upon and proceeds from divine Principle.
The Church is that institution, which affords proof of its utility and is found elevating the race, rousing the dormant understanding from material beliefs to the apprehension of spiritual ideas and the demonstration of divine Science, thereby casting out devils, or error, and healing the sick.
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by
Mary Baker Eddy. P 583
The following is a brief exposition of the important points, or religious tenets, of Christian Science: —
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Key to the Scriptures