Sunday - order of service
Present Order of Services in The Mother Church and Branch Churches
Republished from the Sentinel
2. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord’s Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
5. Announcing necessary notices.
7. Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf of Quarterly.
8. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.
9. Reading the Scriptural Selection, entitled “Responsive Reading,” alternately by the First Reader and the congregation.
10. Reading the Lesson-Sermon. (After the Second Reader reads the Bible references of the first Section of the Lesson, the First Reader makes the following announcement: “As announced in the explanatory note, I shall now read correlative passages from the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy.”)
13. Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative Scripture according to I John 3:1–3.
14. Pronouncing Benediction.
The services should be preceded and followed by organ or piano music of an appropriate character in all cases where this is possible.
On the first Sunday of each month Article VIII, Sect. 1, A Rule for Motives and Acts, is to be read.
Man. 120:1-18 (np)
From Concord Express - A Christian Science Study Resource: The King James Version of the Bible and Mary Baker Eddy's published writings